Who can reside here?
All applicants for residency at Creative Living must meet the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Section 8 eligibility requirements and submit to reference, credit and background checks.
Creative Living provides equal housing opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status and disabilities. Furthermore, Creative Living abides by all federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to fair housing, including but not limited to the Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964.
Minimum Requirements for Residency
1. Have a low, very low or extremely low income.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Be disabled – defined as a person having an impairment which
- (a) is expected to be of long, continued and indefinite duration;
- (b) substantially impedes his/her ability to live independently; and
- (c) is of such nature that the disability could be improved by more suitable housing conditions.
An applicant’s physical disability may be the result of a birth defect, disease or traumatic injury but his/her medical condition must be stable, even though the disability is permanent. Furthermore, the individual should have goals for realizing his/her potential and have the maturity and skills to manage his/her life.
HUD approved preferences:
- Preference will be given for persons with a disability
- Preference will be given to persons who live in Franklin County
- (a) Applicants who work in Franklin County
- (b) Applicants who have been hired to work in Franklin County
- (c) Applicants who are expected to live in the jurisdiction as a result of planned employment
- (d) Creative Living treats graduates of, or active participants in education and training programs located in, Franklin County as residents of the area if the education or training program is designed to prepare individuals for the job market.
Resident Code of Conduct
In exchange for the services provided by Creative Living, residents are expected to abide by the terms of their lease and additional addendums such as the Creative Living House Rules. All the rules are related to safety, care and cleanliness of the building and safety and comfort and convenience of our tenants.