The Resident Assistance Program
Join our team!
At the heart of the Creative Living mission is our unique Resident Assistance Program that delivers peace-of-mind and on-call, non-medical assistance 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year – things like removing a jacket, grabbing an item off of a shelf, transferring from wheelchair to bed or vice versa, carrying groceries, taking out the trash or assisting with a full-on emergency, among many other needs. This invaluable service bridges the gap between the time a personal care attendant might spend with residents and the remaining hours of the day.
Many of the Creative Living resident assistants are pursuing health-related careers and view their work with us as an invaluable opportunity to gain relevant experience in the healthcare field.
Primary duties include:
- Assisting residents who are adults with physical disabilities with the activities of daily living and personal care/hygiene
- Being responsive to resident calls
- Retrieving hard-to-reach items
- Assisting with miscellaneous chores, such as opening doors, letters, making coffee
- Transferring residents from wheelchair to bed/toilet and vice-versa, with assistance of personal care attendant
- Emptying urinary leg bags and administer suppositories, if needed
- Turning residents in bed
- Assisting in administering medications
- Assisting with upper-body dressing, such as shirts, sweaters, coats and hat
For a complete job description or to make application, click the buttons below.